Leesburg HUBZone Quarterly Meeting will be held on Thursday, January 26, 2017 • 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Mason Enterprise Center (202 Church Street SE, Leesburg, VA 20175)
Click Here to Reserve Your Seat.
The U.S. Small Business Administration's Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Program helps small businesses gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. The shaded area on the map below is the Leesburg HUBZone - the only HUBZone in Loudoun County.
To qualify for the HUBZone program, a business must meet the following criteria:
- It must be a small business by SBA standards
- It must be owned and controlled at least 51% by U.S. citizens
- Its principal office must be located in a designated HUBZone
- At least 35% of its employees must reside in a HUBZone
Benefits of the HUBZone Program include:
- Competitive and sole source contracting
- 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions, as well as subcontracting opportunities.
For more information about the SBA's HUBZone Program, including how to apply for certification, please visit the SBA's HUBZone program website.
Interested in Locating Your Business in the Leesburg HUBZone?
Our HUBZone Business Development Packet contains valuable information about the Town of Leesburg such as demographics and licensing information, and specific information about Leesburg's HUBZone including lists of commercial real estate brokers and lenders and the Leesburg Dashboard which measures economic activity within the Town.
If you are interested in locating your business in Leesburg's HUBZone, please contact Kindra Harvey , Leesburg's Business Development Manager, for information about available properties.
Additional HUBZone Resources
- HUBZones - A Practical Guide (pdf of presentation by Anna Urman, Director of the Virginia PTAP).
- Leesburg HUBZone Resource List (pdf)
- Leesburg HUBZone Map (pdf)
- Leesburg HUBZone Quarterly Meeting Schedule 2016-2017
- National HUBZone Council